LAST UPDATED: March 29th, 2023
You can jump to particular topics by going to the headings below:
We collect information about you in a variety of ways depending on how you interact with us and our websites and services, including:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, such as when you register for an account, sign up to receive communications from us, or contact us by phone, email, or otherwise.
- From other sources, including, for example, our affiliates, business partners, service providers, online social media networks, and other third parties, or from publicly available sources. For example, if you submit a job application, or become an employee, we may conduct a background check.
The following provides examples of the type of information that we collect in a variety of contexts and how we use that information.
|Context||Types of Data||Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data|
|Account Registration||We collect your name and contact information when you create an account. We also collect information relating to the actions that you perform while logged into your account.||We have a legitimate interest in providing account related functionalities to our users.|
|Client Information – Business Administration||We collect the name, and contact information, of our clients and their employees with whom we may interact.||We have a legitimate interest in contacting our clients and communicating with them concerning normal business administration such as projects, services, and billing.|
|Client Information – Project Oriented||Our clients may choose to send us personal information in order for us to use that information to provide them with services. For example, our clients may upload contact information of local brokers to whom they would like us to reach out regarding a property. Our clients determine what type of information to transmit to us.||When we collect personal information from a client in order to help us provide that client with services, our client determines the purpose for which we collect that information and how we are permitted to use it, including with whom we are permitted to share it. You should refer to our client’s privacy notice to better understand the privacy practices that will apply to such data.|
|Cookies and Third-Party Tracking||We may place tracking technology on our website that collects analytics, records how you interact with our website, or allows us to participate in behavior-based advertising. This means that a third party uses technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website so that they can report analytics to us or provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests. That third party might also collect information over time and across different websites in order to serve advertisements on our website or other websites.||Where required by law, we base the use of third-party cookies upon consent.|
|Demographic Information||We collect personal information, such as your age or location.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding our users and providing tailored services.|
|Employment||If you apply for a job posting, or become an employee, we collect information necessary to process your application or to retain you as an employee. This may include, among other things, your Social Security Number. Providing this information is required for employment.||We use information about current employees to perform our obligations to employees. In some contexts, we are also required by law to collect information about employees or applicants. We also have a legitimate interest in using your information to have efficient staffing and work force operations.|
|Feedback/Support||If you provide us feedback or contact us for support, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content that you send to us, in order to reply.||We have a legitimate interest in receiving, and acting upon, your feedback or issues.|
|Mailing List||When you sign up for one of our mailing lists we collect your email address.||We share information about our products and services with individuals that consent to receive such information. We also have a legitimate interest in sharing information about our products or services.|
|Products and Services||We collect your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, and credit card number when you purchase our products and services.||We use your information to perform our contract to provide you with products or services.|
|Website interactions||We use technology to monitor how you interact with our website. This may include which links you click on, or information that you type into our online forms. This may also include information about your device or browser.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding how you interact with our website to better improve it, and to understand your preferences and interests in order to select offerings that you might find most useful. We also have a legitimate interest in detecting and preventing fraud.|
|Web logs||We collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when the internet is used), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors.||We have a legitimate interest in monitoring our networks and the visitors to our websites. Among other things, it helps us understand which of our services is the most popular.|
In some countries, such as Canada, our legal basis for processing your personal information for the purposes described above is your express or implied consent.
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use information in the following ways:
- To identify you when you visit our websites.
- To provide services.
- To improve our services and product offerings.
- To conduct analytics.
- To communicate with you, such as to respond to and/or follow-up on your requests, inquiries, issues, or feedback.
- To send marketing and promotional materials including information relating to our products and services.
- To detect and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, including violation of our policies and terms and conditions, security incidents, and harm to the rights, property, or safety of our company and our users, employees, or others.
- To debug, identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality of our website and services.
- To comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, to establish or exercise our rights, and to defend against a legal claim.
- For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationships.
- For such other purposes as you may consent (from time to time).
Although the sections above describe our primary purpose in collecting your information, in many situations we have more than one purpose. As a result, our collection and processing of your information is based in different contexts upon your consent, our need to perform a contract, our obligations under law, and/or our legitimate interest in conducting our business.
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may share information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires, or plans to acquire, our company, business, or our assets, we will also share information with that company, including at the negotiation stage.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or the provision of services by a third-party intermediary.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers. Among other things service providers may help us to administer our website, conduct surveys, and provide technical support.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may disclose your information to other third parties when we have your consent or direction to do so.
Some jurisdictions give you a right to make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Access To Your Personal Information. You may request access to your personal information or confirmation that we have information about you. In certain limited circumstances, you may also request to receive access to your data in a portable, machine-readable format.
- Changes To Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct your personal information. Our website allows you to modify or delete your account profile. If for some reason our website does not permit you to update or correct certain information, you can contact us at the address described below in order to request that your information by modified. You may ask us to correct information that is inaccurate or incomplete. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law.
- Deletion Of Your Personal Information. You may request that we delete your personal information. If required by law, we will grant a request to delete information, but you should note that in many situations we must keep your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for another business purposes.
- Opt-out of Targeted Advertising. You may opt-out of online tracking based targeted advertising (e.g., cookies) by clicking the “Do Not Share” link on our homepage. Please note that if you change browsers or computers, or if you clear your browser’s cache, you may need to click the link again to apply your preference. You may also opt-out of other forms of targeted advertising by submitting a request as described below.
- Objection to Certain Processing. You may object to our use or disclosure of your personal information by contacting us at the address described below.
- Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize the “Do Not Track” signal.
- Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in emails that you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service-related communications.
- Promotional Text Messages. If you receive a text message from us that contains promotional information you can opt-out of receiving future text messages by replying “STOP.”
- Revocation Of Consent. Where we process your personal information based upon consent, you may revoke consent. Please note, if you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information then we may no longer be able to provide you services.
Please note, not all of the rights described above are absolute, and they do not apply in all circumstances. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request because the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity. We will not discriminate against individuals who exercise their privacy rights under applicable law.
You may exercise the rights described above through our online portal or by contacting us as indicated in the “Contact Information” section below.
Note that, as required by law, we will require you to prove your identity. We may verify your identity by phone call or email. Depending on your request, we will match the identifying information you provide us to the personal information we have about you. If you have an account with us, we will also verify your identity through our existing authentication practices for your account. Following a request, we will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you in our files.
In some circumstances, you may designate an authorized agent to submit requests to exercise certain privacy rights on your behalf. If you are an authorized agent submitting a request on behalf of an individual, you must attach a copy of a completed Authorized Agent Designation Form indicating that you are able to act on another person’s behalf.
No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Some of our websites permit you to create an account. When you do you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
We are a United States based company. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storage, and processing of your information in the United States. If you are not a resident of the United States, the privacy laws in the United States may be less stringent then the laws in your country and there is a possibility that your information may be shared with United States government.
For your convenience, we may provide links to websites and other third-party content or services that we do not own or operate. The websites and third-party content to which we link may have separate privacy notices or policies. Please note, we have no control over the privacy practices websites, or services that we do not own. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party website or application for details about such third party’s privacy practices.
515 N State St., Suite 1750
Chicago, IL 60654
If you are not satisfied with our response, and are in the European Union or United Kingdom, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
- California Shine the Light. If you would like more information concerning the categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for those parties to use for direct marketing, please submit a written request to us using the information in the Contact Information section above.
|Category of Personal Information||Types of Data|
|Disclosures for a Business Purpose||Sharing for Cross-Context Behavioral Advertising|
|Identifiers – this may include real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.||
|Financial Information – this may include bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, and other financial information.||
|Characteristics of protected classifications – this may include age, sex, race, ethnicity, physical, or mental handicap, etc.||
|Commercial information – this may include information about products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||
|Internet or other electronic network activity information – this may include browsing history, search history, and information regarding an individual’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.||
|Professional or employment-related information||
|Inferences drawn from any of the information listed above||
|Categories of personal information described in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)) –||
- California Sensitive Information Disclosure. We collect the following categories of sensitive personal information (as defined under California law): a consumer’s account log-in, debit card, or credit card number in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to an account, and precise geolocation. This information is collected in order to process transactions, comply with laws, manage our business, or provide you with services. Note that we do not use such information for any purposes that are not identified within the California Privacy Rights Act Section 1798.121.
Effective Date: 3/29/2023
Last Update: 3/29/2023